Welcome to BSS
Bangladesh Social Service [BSS] was formed in 1995 as a national level voluntary organization started to respond to the needs of the needy people in Bangladesh to change in community and human development in the rural areas of Bangladesh.
BSS has been a learning organization, focusing on people's needs through projects and programs, addressing emergency needs, through relief, rehabilitation and reconstruction followed by development programs, focusing on human resource development toward self- reliance, collective growth and distributive justice for the promotion of good governance and peace through education, health, income generation through community managed organizations.
In the integration process BSS wants do several project like Human and Organizational Potential Improvement Program, Participatory Rural Development Program, Ethnic Community Development Program, Women Development Program, Community Based Disaster Awareness Program, Community Based HIV/AIDS Prevention, Care and Advocacy Program, so that an holistic approach took place to address the multi dimensions of poverty.
“I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making my prayer with joy, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now.” (Philippians 1:3-5)
Rev. Bony Baroi
Our vision is implement sustainable programs to improve whole life of peoples and lifesaving services now and for future generations.
To serve individuals and families in the poorest communities in Bangladesh for eternal hope.
NGO Reg.no. 936
Aims and Objectives: (from this make some short note)
- To build up an attitude of love and fellowship among people by taking part in the social welfare services among the poor and helpless people.
- To enhance the economic Activities of the country by taking up the development projects in country’s welfare.
- To encourage mentally the youth communities of the country toward social and economic activities for the welfare of the society and of themselves.
- To take up different development projects according to the development policies formulated by the government.
- To extend our servicing hands with all helps and cooperation available as far as practicable for the relief and rehabilitation of the distressed humanity at the time of natural disasters and crises in Bangladesh.
- To provide the farmers who are involved in cooperative movements and Agricultural revolution with different types of helps that they can be able to grow more food, to have loan assistance through their cooperatives and to effectively operate it.
- To take up Educational program with a view to expanding education among the poor people, establishing educational institutions in rural areas and attracting the illiterate adults to literacy.
- To enhance enthusiasm for collective development among the landless, disadvantaged, poor, young,women, children, and to help them to be self-reliant.
- To expand programs for self dependency among the floating and resource-less men and women living on alms by helping in their self-realization.
- To take up and implement preventive and curative health care activities and family planning programs.
- To help use the unemployed youths in production oriented activities. To provide them with different types of vocational educations, draw their attention to the cottage industry/small businesses that they can be able to stand on their own feet.
- To help and cooperate with the single –minded and committed workers who are on voluntary basis involved in self dependent economic and human development activities in their own church areas that others can be inspired by their works.
- To arrange educational excursions and activity visits in the same type of other organizations in order to provide the workers and the members with more practical knowledge.